Agile Certification At BCIT

Home Forums Course Comments Agile Certification At BCIT

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by farzane_asghary@yahoo.com' Farzaneh Asghari 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ed Rubuliak
    Keymaster

Ed Rubuliak
    Keymaster

Hi all, we are moving forward on building a BCIT Agile Credential. I did talk to my latest class about putting together a BCIT Statement Of Recognition, which is one of the instruments available at the school.

However, after discussions with the administration of the School Of Computing, everyone felt that an Associate Certificate in Agile would be more formal, carry the credibility that we desire, and be much more accepted by our targeted business market.

Therefore, we are moving ahead on the preparation for an Associate Certificate focused on an Applied Agile Practitioner. The name may change but it will be somewhat similar.

Our ETA for the initiation of the certificate is September 2014. We are fast-tracking it as much as possible. The area that will take the longest however will be the forming of an Advisory committee taken from our local Business Community. We are already beginning to work on this.

The certificate will potentially consist of 5 core courses:

COMP 1630 – Relational Database Design and SQL
    COMP 2831 – Business Analysis and Systems Design
    COMP 2832 – Agile Software Development with Scrum
    COMP xxxx – Agile Business Analysis
    COMP xxxx – Agile Project Management

As well we intend to have some shorter courses as alternates, focused on areas such as Agile Transformation. Kanban, and Scaling Agile.

These are subject to change as time goes on.

I will keep you all informed as we move through the process.

Regards …..Ed

emiliodasilva@hotmail.ca'
    The King Of Shenzhen

Good to know Ed, keep me posted. I will be one of the first students done and feel BCIT is lucky to have you spearheading this.

farzane_asghary@yahoo.com'
    Farzaneh Asghari

This is great news Ed. I am very interested and looking forward to more details…

Cheers!
    Far

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.